Samson's Foxes was a Jeep mounted assault unit that operated in the southern frontier during Israel's War of Independence. The unit was part of the Givati brigade and after the war it was disbanded. In the year 2002, a new battalion of the Givati brigade adopted the legendary name.
The Fox with the burning tail became to be the official emblem of the Givati brigade after its reestablishment in the year 1983.
Pictures of 1948 warriors and the Samson's Foxes Jeep at the Israeli Armor museum, are on the left.